Pig’s Tail Protective Spiral Wrapping
Pig’s Tail™ protective spiral wrap is manufactured from tough HDPE (high density polyethylene). It is easy to install and designed to provide heavy duty protection to hydraulic hoses.
Pig’s Tail™ protective spiral wrap helps protect your investment from damage and wear, and is ideal for heavy duty bundling and protection.
A main component in many industrial processes is the hydraulic hose, which if damaged by wear or accidents, can seriously impact productivity. This can lead to significant costs to operations, not only for the value of the hose that needs to be placed, but also by the financial impact caused by unplanned equipment downtime and lost production. Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap provides a quick and cost-effective method for minimizing these production losses and protecting vital hoses and connections.
Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap is designed specifically for heavy duty bundling and protection of hydraulic and pneumatic hoses used across various industries. Available in a wide range of dimensions and fitting options, Pig’s Tail™ is the solution made to protect your critical cabling and connections from abrasion, misuse, poor maintenance or severe working environments.
Pig’s Tail™ protective spiral wrapping offers the following performance benefits:
- Specifically designed to increase the service life of hydraulic hoses
- Manufactured using tough HDPE (high density polyethylene) for ultimate protection against depreciation and crushing damage
- Unique rounded and beveled edges make it easy to install on loose or mounted hoses and cables
- Reduces exposure to sharp edges or corners
- Available in wide range of sizes to suit most hose diameters
- Used to protect single hose or to bundle multiple hoses/cables together
- Spiral cut for ultimate flexibility
- Suitable to use with equipment operating across extreme temperature range (-40°C to 138°C (-40°F to +280°F))
- It is UV resistant and protects against UV damage
- Available in multiple colors including black, yellow, blue and red
- Available in two other versions: 1) Fire Resistant Anti-Static (FRAS) for advanced protection and 2) Nightglow glows in the dark and is designed for easy identification of hydraulic lines and protection. For more detailed information, check our their specific product pages.
Typical application of Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap
Pig’s Tail™ wrap can be used for hydraulic hoses for static plant and equipment, fork lift trucks, mobile plant equipment, air hoses on trucks and air-driven equipment across various industry verticals like