Fire Resistant Anti-Static (FRAS) Spiral Wrap
FRAS Pig’s Tail™ is a conductive thermoplastic compound on a polypropylene base. This specialized formula is flame retardant and has an extremely good balance of mechanical properties.
Minimize industrial production loses and damages with Fire Resistant Anti-Static (FRAS) Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap. FRAS Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap is offers additional protection to prevent damage from static discharge or fire, and uses a special conductive carbon black for conductivity.
In addition to being flame retardant, FRAS Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap is designed to have low electrical resistance. This means it prevents hoses and cables bundles from building up an electrical charge. It has a good balance of useful and advanced mechanical properties, and has been tested to AS 2600, AS 1180.10B, AS 1180.13A, MSHA # IC-264/0 standards.
FRAS Pig’s Tail™ is available in varied dimensions.
Key features or benefits of FRAS Pig’s Tail™
- Fire Resistant and Anti-Static (FRAS) material prevents accidental flames and sparks in critical environments
- Allows bundling of multiple or single hose according to requirement
- Made with strong HDPE (high density polyethylene) that provides tough resistance and protection against damages
- Designed and certified to use in mines and underground applications
- Provides flexibility and allows cable routing in nooks and corners
- MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) certified and approved for safe usage in mines
Typical application of FRAS (Fire Resistant Anti-Static) Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap
FRAS Pig’s Tail™ spiral wrap can be ideally used in mining, welding, drilling, tunneling and quarrying, as well as in various manufacturing industries, including automotive, marine and plant machinery operations.